Red light therapy is regarded as a complementary therapy, which means it should be used in conjunction with treatments that have been approved by a doctor and traditional healthcare. For instance, you can combine red light therapy with topical medications prescribed by a dermatologist, such retinoids, or in-office procedures, like lasers or injectables, if you have fine lines and wrinkles. A physical therapist could also use red light therapy to treat a sports injury.
Experts suggest that red light therapy holds promise as a supplemental treatment for a variety of health and skincare problems. Just remember to consult your doctor before beginning any new treatment, as always. When you decide to use red light treatment, you should consult your physician so that he may assist you buy red light therapy panel online. To select the appropriate tool and assess whether this approach is suitable for you.
Top 5 Health Benefits of Red Light Therapy
- Address Skin and Hair Concerns, From Acne to Wrinkles
Skin issues are one of the most well-liked applications for red light treatment. Because they are widely accessible, at-home gadgets have gained popularity. Red light is used to treats;
- Wrinkles and lines- Lines and wrinkles can be treated and avoided with red light therapy. Red light may activate collagen to reduce wrinkles and creases, according to some research. Instead of lines that are thoroughly etched in, you might get the best effects with mild lines. At that time, you’ll probably require extra therapies in addition to red light (such as laser treatments).
- Acne- There are many people who struggle with acne combined with lines and wrinkles, thus acne breakouts don’t always go away with age. Also, you might be able to tackle both issues simultaneously. Red light therapy reduces inflammation and may help kill germs, two known factors contributing to the development of acne.
- Redness- Red light’s principal role is to reduce inflammation, which defies logic in that it would counteract redness. Reduced skin inflammation can lessen redness.
- Growing hair- Red light may also be used to cure hair loss because it helps to reduce inflammation and improve blood flow to the scalp and hair. Follicles thus receive more oxygen and nutrients. When compared to other treatments with minimal side effects, such itchy scalp, the treatment thickens and makes the hair dense.
- Lessens pain
The effectiveness of red light in reducing pain in various chronic illnesses is still being studied. Red light can be used to lessen pain and inflammation if the proper dosage and technique are followed.
How so? The ability of a particular protein on the surface of the neuron to conduct or detect pain is diminished when light is absorbed by the protein. According to previous studies, LLLT may be helpful for those with neuropathy, a condition that is frequently brought on by diabetes and manifests as nerve pain. Red light therapy (RLT) may be helpful in treating pain from a complementary perspective in cases of chronic back pain in persons and jaw pain and discomfort; however, more research is required to fully understand the connection between RLT and pain reduction.
- Lessens the side effects of cancer treatment
Oral mucositis, which causes mouth pain, ulcers, infection, and bleeding, is one potential adverse effect of chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Its ability to both prevent and treat this specific adverse effect is widely known.
Furthermore, mastectomy-related lymphedema and skin damage from radiation therapy have also been successfully treated using red light therapy. No more negative effects were experienced following the therapy. Since RLT has the potential to boost other anti-cancer medicines or activate the body’s immune response, it is being investigated as a possible cancer treatment in the future.
- Aids in brain health
Red light treatment, which involves exposing your head to light via a helmet, may have growing advantages for brain health. According to some eye-catching studies, Photobiomodulation therapies may enhance neurocognition. Red light treatment may be beneficial for those who have experienced strokes or traumatic brain injuries since it may not only reduce inflammation but also enhance blood flow and oxygen to the brain, resulting in the formation of new neurons and synapses
- Improves wound healing
Red light can speed up the healing of wounds on the skin or in the mouth. Red light would be used in these situations to treat the wound until it had fully recovered. It is helpful for burns and plays a significant role in wound healing following oral surgery.
How red light therapy works
Red light is bioactive and has a significant impact on your body by improving mitochondrial function, which increases the capacity of your cells to make their own energy. The body performs better as a whole the more energy is produced at the cellular level. Red light is particularly potent because it may go below the dermis layer of the skin and into the subcutaneous adipose layer of the skin by penetrating 8–10 millimeters into the skin. Collagen and elastin formation are stimulated as a result, hastening the healing process. The use of red light therapy is very safe, non-invasive, and drug-free.
Red light therapy is a new and promising medical approach that has the potential to rejuvenate skin and heal diseases including acne, psoriasis, hyperpigmentation, and even hair loss. It is typically regarded as safe, has few adverse effects, and can be safely practiced at home in addition to conventional in-office treatments. On the other hand, you must always seek medical advice if you have serious acne, a skin condition, or hair loss. Red light treatment may also, among other things, enhance cell function, lessen pain and inflammation, promote tissue regeneration, and release growth factors to hasten recovery. The device will help in boosting your self-assurance, positivism, passion, joy, laughing, social awareness, conversational abilities, and sensory stimulation in response to light treatment. Depending on the gadget you’re using, you don’t need to worry about your skin looking bad while going about your regular everyday activities. You can put on makeup as soon as you finish a treatment and head to work or another important occasion.